Monday, June 29, 2020

Wild Orgy in the Woods

I keep digging out roots and flattening the forest plot, turning it into something less of a forest. Just a few days more, and I will have done 25% of the whole plot.
Only a little bit left
After that part is all flat, before turning the soil into rows and let it recover and heal, I will have to do something about the remaining bamboo in the north. We don't want them to fall on our precious now do we? All those bamboo that have half fallen or will fall during the next typhoon, I will cut down.
By the way, I encountered a cluster of insects having wild passionate sex on a weed when I was heading back home...
The orgy from the title
Back home, things are kind of growing on their own in the garden, weeds and vegetables and fruits alike. It is not a fair competition cause the weeds have established themselves years ago, so once in a while I give the non-weeds a bit of help by pulling/cutting the weeds.
The entrance berries just started to turn color
The figs just started to turn color
The 2-3 plums just started to turn color
The tomatoes just started to turn color
The tomato is not pruned. Well not that much. In the beginning I kept nipping the tiny armpit leafs that came out but that was it. I stopped doing that after a couple of weeks. It is just one tomato plant but keeps growing like crazy and branching out. And all I do is to stake up the new branches to keep them off the ground, and as soon as I do, new tomatoes pop out and then new branches to stake up. It has become a monster of plant.
The eggplants and the pepper are dwarfed in comparison. Poor things. It is a miracle they even managed to produce anything at all.
Zoom out a bit to show the eggplant too
The eggplant already had turned color from the get go.

No comments:

Post a Comment