Monday, November 30, 2020

Root barrier

Next step was to finally put in the 20 meter long root barrier sheet in the border to east. It wasn't that hard.

Unfold the sheet
Put it in place

Cover it up before the rain comes

You may have noticed in the last picture the ditch that is forming in the middle of the plot. Here it is from a different angle
First row...?

That ditch marks the base of the first swale, i.e. the mid-line between the two northmost rows. My next thing to do is to start digging out and making that wider and my rows higher and narrower. Then I shall cover each row with 2 mulch sheets which meet on top of the row, so that I can plant on top of the row just between the sheets (huh huh)
To make sure the distance between the rows are same, I am going to use a plank or something, as wide as the path between the rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment