Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Row 3 Tatami 5

Only 1 week left of June, and by month`s end I need to have finished 6 tatami lengths of the 3rd row to be on track with my original schedule.

Some progress.. better than no progress at least

I did cut the grass in the rows. And finished the 5th tatami (it is the only clean looking one in the picture), and prepared the ground for the 6th tatami too. My progress will be slower from now, because except for the heat and the wasps and all that, I am starting to run into the hill I made when I dug around with the backhoe last year. In the picture you can see the cross section of the hill, which is right in the middle of the 3rd row. It continues almost all the way to the end. That all has to be de-weeded by hand, flattened, the extra soil moved further south and it takes quite some time. In the end, all that extra soil is supposed to even itself out when I reach the 5th or so row.  

No comments:

Post a Comment