Friday, January 1, 2021

The leaning tree

So I keep backfilling the path and topping it off with tatami. 2-3 mats a day keeps the doctor away.

It's like making a long sandwich of wood and dirt

It is now more noticeable that the path, which once started seemingly below the surface is now slightly above the ground and rising. I am however not worried because I have measured it twice and it is all level. It is the surroundings that are sloping and make the path not look level.

Nevertheless I need to fill underneath the path with thicker and thicker logs to keep it in place.

Some are more hollow than others

I am not worrying too much about the air and gaps inside the fillings under the path. I figure in a few years it will all rot and even out. Or not. If not, then I will have to even it manually or something.

What I am worrying about a little is the nasty leaning tree north of the corner of the plot. I was going to cut it down to avoid it later on falling over a fruit tree on its own and break it. But it is leaning a lot and I think it is very scary to challenge it with my chainsaw. I looked up ways to fell leaning trees and one term kept coming up over and over again with big red blinking warning labels: Barber chair.

Nah, I will let the typhoon take it

I am thinking now more in lines of "it is just in the corner, and it is leaning outside my plot, so why don't I plant something like a nitrogen fixer in that corner and let nature take its course.."

Yeah, when I think about it, it is not really that much of a bother.

It's just ugly


No comments:

Post a Comment