Monday, July 2, 2018

Summer

Now summer is officially here. It is so hot I cannot be out in the garden more than 10 minutes even with proper gear. So I have postponed the backyard upper level demolition to a cloudy day...
I just go out to pick vegetables and get the eggs a couple of times a day.
Blueberries and cucumbers
However, something unexpected happened... I went to check up on the melons only to find that four of them had already detached themselves from their vines. Although they were on the ground when they were attached, at some point they must have thought they were ripe or something... So I brought them in.
Very tiny melons
They are edible, albeit very little meat... Extremely sweet but a little hard at places. I guess I have to leave them in the fridge to ripen more? I have no idea to be honest. Maybe (well actually I know it for certain) the soil wasn't containing much nourishment. Next time around I will sort that out of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment