Monday, February 25, 2019

Hoarders Story

Spring is here and I am happy to find an egg or two every day in the nest. Then one day I could not even find a single egg...
It was a nice and sunny day
Not a cold and dark day where one would expect the hens to go on strike or anything like that.. but still. The hens seemed happy and healthy.
But the nest was empty, except for some poop
I sensed something was fishy but didn't care to investigate further... until I opened the coop to clean up the poop from inside.
Still nothing strange. Just poop on the poop board
Until I leaned in more to move the poop board, and found hidden away treasure!!!
Must be a week's worth
Somehow the hens had decided that the nest was not the best place to lay their eggs, and together decided the coop corner to be optimum.
Two dozen eggs to be exact
I cleaned up the poop, the coop and took the eggs, as well as tidied up the nest boxes. After that, the hens returned to their old habit of laying properly in the nests. Now I find 3-4 eggs every day in the boxes where they should be.
The fruits of today. Poop and eggs
And that is the story of my hoarder hens.
The eggs were all still good and yummy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment