Monday, March 25, 2019

Asparagus

Spring is here one week, then it gets real cold again and freezing one week, and then it gets nice and hot like summer one week. The weather is crazy, and the plants are not sure how to react.
Luckily the plum/prune tree in the garden is still holding on to all its pretty flowers.
I hope they make it better than last year
In the woods, I already spotted a couple of sneaky bamboo shoots which I kicked over right away. I have to pay more frequent visits to the plot now that they are coming out, if I am to keep them at bay. If I let new shoots come out the roots will never rot. The stumps I left after cutting down the bamboo have already started to mold and look real yucky.
Like a natural petri dish
As soon as the mini truck is here, I will be chipping the bamboo like there is no tomorrow. But for now I can just continue flattening and kicking shoots over. The chipper is waiting eagerly at the car port...
I will have a lot of tarp when all this is over
I did get a mail from the car dealer on Sunday, saying that the mini truck has arrived and I can pick it up this week. They even attached a picture of it.
Cute, isn't she
Otherwise, I have been picking weeds in the garden and removing the tunnels and netting. The asparagus turned out to be alive afterall (hooray). They are now starting their second year by popping out new a little thicker shoots.
They're still shy but look closer and you can see the green

More baby aspara
I did pick all of those weeds after taking the picture
And finally, I think I spotted a Japanese honey bee in my garden. Well at least I want to believe I did... I am no expert so I am going to pretend it was a honey bee and be happy for a while.
Maybe just a fly...
closer...
I am still thinking about keeping bees in the forest so it would be nice if I could catch them rather than buying them... again, just rantings of a total newbee..

No comments:

Post a Comment