Thursday, March 28, 2019

New car smell

Even a tiny kei-truck has that wonderful new car smell in it. Finally I picked up the car and enjoyed the 35 minute drive home. A bit nervous though, since it is manual transmission and although all my cars in Sweden had manual gears too, the stick is now on my left side. Being right handed, in Sweden shifting came kind of natural and felt right. Shifting with my left hand feels a bit unusual, and a couple of times when it was time to shift gear I noticed my right hand automatically reached for something to do (although the only stick my right hand is in charge of while driving is the blinker/lights)
When not driving, of course, my right hand is in charge of a different, bigger stick. Huh huh.
The truck is now home, waiting in the car port
Also, I had a bit of trouble finding my way home cause there is no GPS in the car. So I used my Google Map and had to glance down whenever I had a chance (at red lights etc.) to see if I was still on track or what was the next few directions.
Actually I think Google Map has a voice navigator for this kind of occasion, but I didn't have it installed. I will install that, plus get a smartphone holder so I can have the map more in front of me rather than on the seat next to me.
Ass-shot from main gate
For now I covered the back with tarp to keep rain out. I already got gasoline for the chipper so on Saturday I want to go shred some bamboos.
But looking at the weather forecast, it looks like it will be a rainy day. Just my luck. Oh well, if it rains then I will go on Sunday. Bamboos, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment