Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Forest updates

It is waay too hot to get anything done in the forest. I went there a couple of times, cut down some weed (bamboo), moved around a few logs and after just about 1 hour got very dizzy almost to the point of fainting, although I kept drinking, shaded myself and kept a slow and cool pace.
The shredder is still waiting for parts. After no answer from the maker for a month I sent a reminder asking what the heck is going on. Only then they answered that their supplier wants to know the dimensions of the pulley which they are supposed to send to me.
Idiots. I told them nicely that the maker surely should know the goddamn dimensions of the parts of a machine they make better than me, so please go answer your supplier by yourself. I cannot measure stuff for you.
They apologized and said they will let the supplier know. Also again they apologized for the delay and said it will take a little more time.
Retards.
I should have asked for my money back from the get go, instead of trying to get things to work by repairing...
Anyway, I am moving all the bamboo to one side of the plot now, so they can just lie there and rot while I can get access to the plot to dig and what not. Later when it gets colder I can burn them if they are taking too much space.
This is the north side. I will be cutting these down next.
The north side bamboo belong to my neighboring plot. He already said OK but I just have to get his approval once more to be sure, and then clean them out.
I can't have these fall down on my saplings
Whenever a wind blows I see how the bamboo on the north bend back and forth with it. They are strong and seldom fall, but when they do I have seen what mess they make and how they break everything under them.
new growth
On the plot floor, I haven't been cutting weed other than bamboo so a new layer of green has slowly covered a lot of it. It's nice to look at, but will eventually have to go too.
Here is the 2-3 meter path I have opened up so far by moving the logs into the north side.
Lots of sweat went into clearing that

No comments:

Post a Comment