Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Second burning

Last Saturday I went to the forest prepared and determined to use a full day and see how much bamboo could be burned. I started around 10:30 in the morning, with a pile of half-soaked wood.
It took me maybe 10 minutes to uncover the barrel and get anything to actually catch fire, but once that was done, the fire was on...
I kind of was expecting this whole pile to burn within a day
I threw in more and more wood whenever I noticed there was space opening up in the barrel, and in between I spent time picking weeds and moving bamboo that is laying around and pile it up along the north wall. I knew around 4 PM the sun starts to go down and it would get dark and scary so I counted a bit backwards and with a bit of margin decided to start putting out the fire at 3 PM.
Based on that I decided to add one last load of bamboo around 2:30 PM, and just let that burn to ashes. Figured half an hour should suffice.
After. Around 2:30. Barrel is still burning though.
So, yeah. I could burn a lot of wood, but not as much as I wished. Burning everything will take a few months if I burn say once or twice a week... I guess I shouldn't wait till all bamboo is burned before starting to cut down sugi trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment