Monday, November 18, 2019

Clusterbeets

All the vegetable seeds I planted in the garden have now germinated and tiny leafs are everywhere... In case of daikons, well, I just put a bunch of seeds in the ground every 10-20 cm, and now the leafs popped up in clusters.
I am now pulling out the weakest ones every day until there is only one or two left from each bunch.
I guess I should have planted the seeds 1 by 1 in a row instead.
Bit of waste of good seeds
In the forest front, I keep burning bamboo a couple of time each week... however, I noticed that I have started coughing recently, because my usual mask is apparently not enough to protect me from the smokes. So I will go hunt for a good anti smoke mask, and reduce the burning to once a week tops, and during the burning try to stay away from the barrel.
It's opening up
I am almost done with clearing the plot and stacking bamboos. After that (maybe this weekend) I will go to the owner of the plot to my north and get permission to clear out his plot from bamboos. I could not plant any saplings in my plot as long as those tall things are leaning over it threatening to fall.
I want to tidy up the north plot with stacks of bamboo just like mine 
I hope to be done with that before X-mas, and start to cut down sugis on my own plot. When that is done, I should be able to start digging out bamboo roots in my plot and prepare the soil for planting trees. So there is still a lot left to do.
Exterminate!

No comments:

Post a Comment