Sunday, April 19, 2020

And so it begins...

No matter where I check for ways to eradicate bamboo, it is always written that completely getting rid of bamboo is difficult next to impossible, and that the only way to do it is to remove all the roots manually, and that doing it is quite a feat and that they would love to shake the hands of whoever actually manages to accomplish it.
Well,, I guess it is a good enough challenge for me. I start in the corner, and dig away...
I slowly work my way along the line
The plan is to dig a meter wide 30 meters long trench along the rope, removing bamboo rhizomes and then to bury the root barrier sheet in there and backfill with soil. That gives me a meter wide root-free margin while I remove the roots from the rest of the land and plant maybe 1 row per year...
Hmm... does it mean I will be finished with the whole plot 7 years from now??? How poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment