Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Moving on...

 So after cutting the leaning tree my pile of branches and stuff grew and I have more material to put under the tatamis. Also Mr. K came by and asked if I needed more tatami and gave me a dozen. They are pretty crappy compared to the ones I got from the tatami store for free but it's not like I'm gonna use them to sit on anyway.

Ex-leaning tree

Remember the first row had a real narrow section which bothered me? 
Not good

Well it bothered me so much that I got a 10 meter root barrier and put alongside it, and backfilled with soil. so now it is no longer so narrow. Yeay, I can plant trees all the way in the first row.
Widened

I am now filling in with soil in the second row.... slowly. And adding tatamis as I progress.
Almost 25% in

The nights are still cold and frosty. As soon as the weather starts getting a bit warmer, I will sow the ground cover seeds and order tree saplings to plant in the first row. And hopefully not long after that I will be finished with the second row too so I will do the same there.
My ground covers are vetch, ryegrass, wheatgrass and clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment