Monday, November 26, 2018

Roasted peanuts

We had a couple of nice sunny days here so I went out and pulled up all the peanuts. It is unusually warm for being almost December. Even the strawberries are getting confused and blooming...
Not sure what I am supposed to do with these rebels
The green peas are blooming too but that is as expected. Here is a picture I took from the backyard when it was the most sunny...
I also added an extra rope for the passion fruit to climb
The chooks are molting as hell, and nowadays I find more feathers in their coop than poop.
At least their coop gets warm and fluffy
Back to the peanuts, now the big patch is cleaned out. I noticed a potato had decided to grow there as well, so I moved it a bit more to the middle of the bed, and left it there. Hopefully it won't die.
Here is a couple of pictures of the peanut roots when I pulled them up.
Renegade potato is at the bottom
Quite a lot of big ones
After roasting them for about an hour, it turned out almost half the shells were either empty or had underdeveloped nuts. But the other half that had nuts in them... My... those peanuts were big, juicy and oily. Yummm yumm. Will definitely plant more of these.
After I was done


No comments:

Post a Comment