Monday, November 5, 2018

Slim chances

Summer is officially over, and a clear sign of that is that the chickens have almost stopped laying eggs. I used to get 3-4 eggs a day, but now they are down to 1 egg every 3 days between the 4 of them. Oh well.
Bought some very yummy african peanuts from a local farmer at the store, along with some imported grapes from U.S. which were extremely sweet.
Thought I should experiment and see if any of those can be grown in my garden...
As for the peanuts, I just dug some of them in the soil. I am not expecting any miracles but just wait and see what happens...
And for the grapes, I cut it a bit and dipped it into root hormone and planted it in a pot. Let's see if we can repeat last year's pomegranate cutting success...
The bathroom is the only place the cats won't go into
Chances of either of them growing is very small but it's interesting to see what happens.
A few of the many many potatoes I put into the backyard's upper bed have finally decided to emerge...
It can be seen as the only green leaf on top
The broccoli is growing nicely. I guess it is thanks to the space I left between the seeds, and the initial netting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment