Sunday, June 2, 2019

Flowers, bees and other facts of life

More flowers pop up every day in the garden. The biggest ones are the zucchinis. These things are HUGE.
Pretty pretty
They share so much with melons. Same huge flowers, same leafs, even same bugs that eat them. Only difference is they don't climb trellis.
It is one of the garden's sunniest spots so the flowers are happy
The lotus in the mini-pond has bloomed again this year. I guess it means it is here to stay. Actually one more flower is on its way up.
The surrounding of the pond start to look more and more natural
And we even got a rose which opened last week. Extremely fragrant.
This was actually here even before we moved in
All these flowers and others are attracting lots of bees and it got me thinking I should prepare and learn a bit more about bees before putting hives in the forest plot. So I started reading up on the subject and it turns out although they are pretty harmless, people walking by and neighbors in general, not knowing the facts (same as myself) are often afraid and complain. Also there are many who have bee allergy, plus I need to report to the city about apiary on a yearly basis, even if it is one hive for hobby. Their rules are that a hive should be at least 50 meters away from any nearby neighbors or roads etc, which means I need at least a 50 meters wide plot even if I push the hive to the edge to the north. Not having a giant plot (mine is only about 30 meters) I have to forget about keeping bees and postpone the dream to later when I have a big big land. Oh well... one less thing to worry about I guess.
OK, so we have talked about flowers and bees. What other facts of life are there?
Well, the other day I saw that the cats were trying to hatch some eggs I had put on the counter by sitting on them.
Come on... we are hungry
And I think they believed that their sitting gave results. They got a yummy bite of omelette from that.
Just let us know if you need egg sitting again

No comments:

Post a Comment