Monday, May 27, 2019

Sorting out the forest

According to the time plan, May is the bamboo sorting month. With only a few days left, I have been fighting like crazy to finish it. It is not easy at all. The sun is extremely hot and I can literally only spend about a minute in it working before I feel dizzy and have to run to drink and then work 10 minutes in the shade before next attempt to pick up anything from the sunny area. The shady area is almost cleared out. There are lots of nettles growing there and on them these hairy caterpillars that hurt like shit if touched. I guess it is only natural that they are the only bugs crawling on the nettles without problem.
Not a nettle. Smelly leafed weed with runners which I hate.
Anyway, last weekend I managed to sort out 1/3 of the forest plot into 3 categories. (branches, chippers and burners). Hopefully this weekend I will finish the rest. But the heat is already killing me, and it is not even real summer yet. I can only work 1,5-2 hours a day before getting completely exhausted.
Branch pile to the right, chippers in the back next to the machine, burners to the left

    

No comments:

Post a Comment