Monday, August 12, 2019

Show me your melons

Interesting... the watermelons seem to just pop up instantly out of nowhere. I cant really see any gradual growth in size. One day there is a flower, and the next day there is a watermelon. OK, OK, I see some change in size but nothing big. If the fruit was tiny when I found it first, a couple of weeks later it is maybe 3 cm bigger, but still tiny. Same deal with medium size ones etc.
So the first watermelon I found has now kind of stopped growing and instead started shriveling so I figured I should pick it cause it will waste the plant's energy and focus.
tiny, cute shriveled up thing
Now there are 4 watermelons left and maybe 4 more female flowers with potential to be pollinated. All 4 fruits are much bigger than the first one. Let's see if they grow more and prove my pop-up theory wrong.
this one is kinda heavy
I stopped worrying about the civet eating these, cause I put out a trap in the garden, and also I wrapped 3 of these watermelons in nets to protect them...
Not as big as the one before, but bigger than the first one
When it is not raining too much, I water the plants, and there has been a lot of sun so I expect some edible fruits...

No comments:

Post a Comment