Monday, August 19, 2019

Stuck

Amazingly my complaints did work, and the company I bought the shredder from did send me the big brand new impeller part for free. In fact (although I think that was a mistake on their part) they sent me 2 impellers.
Great, I took a trip to the woods and started taking apart the shredder to get to the impeller. It was not an easy task.
impeller is the black thing in the foreground
There was no way around it. I literally disassembled the whole thing to reach the center part with impeller. After it was done, I had to remove the blades from it, but the thing had rusted and warped so badly that I had to break a ball bearing to detach the damn thing.
So.. next week I will be buying a new bearing and then put the thing back together with the new impeller and blades again. That is if I remember in what order they were put in the first place.
I keep telling myself that I don't really need the shredder and that I can burn or let the bamboo rot. That is positive thinking, to keep me from going insane every time I touch the machine from hell and something new breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment