Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Burn barrel

I just want to pause and think about how much different the forest plot is now, and how far I have come, although I am not finished at all.
So I took these pictures last week, trying to take them from the same spots as the ones from before I cut bamboos. (Before pics are here:  https://mrbnatural.blogspot.com/2018/03/i-hate-bamboo.html )
It is really different
And hopefully when I finish it will look even nicer 
Burning bamboo in the pit I had made works OK, but it is not efficient cause I have to break down the bamboo to tiny 30-50 cm pieces before I toss them in. And I can't burn any larger amount at once if I want to keep it safe. Maybe I can burn 10 bamboos within 3 hours or so.
So I started looking around and found a guy who makes and sells burn barrels pretty cheap, so I drove over and got one. And put right where the fire pit was.
Brand new rusty
Although I just noticed the burn barrel doesn't have air holes in its sides... It only has holes in the bottom shelf (above the low square opening).
So I guess I will do a trial burn, and if it is not smokey, fine. If it is smokey, I should try and remove the bottom shelf and see if it improves. If not, then I have to haul the thing back home again and drill a dozen side-holes.
Oh, I also finally removed the shredder, which was just sitting there all dead. I will see if I can give it to some junk collector...

No comments:

Post a Comment