Monday, October 7, 2019

Right turn

So it seems Mr. I did talk to the workers and they "tidied things up". Basically what they did is that they rearranged the logs that they had dropped in my lot, so now they are not pointing in the air and aren't inaccessible anymore. So I will be able to cut them down to size if I wish to. Apparently the fact that the logs don't belong there in my plot doesn't matter.
Looks cleaner from far away already
Anyway, I'm not gonna fight about it cause it's all organic matter and I am not in a hurry to do anything in that plot. So I don't mind. In fact I am looking for an excuse to leave it for a while. All those logs lying around are just the perfect excuse, so I can focus on my bigger, bamboo, plot. Maybe in a couple of years when the logs are nice and rotten I can start looking at that plot.
This counts as cleaned up these days
I am right now focused on talking to the city office folks, and asking them to do something about the road, which has no cover and is so muddy that I get stuck in with my truck every time. It took a few phone calls and several week's waiting and a couple of visits by me with maps and pictures to get them to have a look and it seems they will put some gravel along the road. Well it is better than nothing. The guy who was there said it is not decided yet, but they will cover the worst parts which is 70-80 meters starting from end of my bamboo plot (where it borders Mr.K's) to the end of my other plot (where it meets Mr.O's)
Map
Also he said what they will be covering is a narrow path, just enough for the Kei truck to not get stuck. So it's not gonna be super wide. All to keep costs down. Oh well.
My problem is that the path created by people and trucks passing on it is a straight path, whereas according to the map it should turn right. (The "A" road in the map, the dotted line is what it looks like now) The bottom part in the map is pretty well-defined thanks to the big trees along the path. But after the trees it just continues straight forward. It results in my plot getting smaller and part of it being used as road.
Started to fix the road 
So just a few days before the city guy was gonna visit, I cleaned up the actual road (it was overgrown with bushes and small fast growing trees), flattened it and turned it to the right. It is still not according to the map, but it is much better. I also talked to Mr.K and asked him to drive on the new path from now on because it is in his own interest to keep the real road clear of vegetation by driving in it. That way his plot will also not be shrinking. He was pretty impressed with what I had achieved in such short time.
After that I laid new bamboo along the correct path and made new borders, and filled it in.
Before filling the new bamboo borders. The diff is easy to see.
So this way I regained a triangle, with base of 2-3 meters and length of 15-18 meters. That's more than 20 square meters. Not much but it counts when a plot is as tiny as mine.
All done.
The new path is still not turning dramatically to the right, but that slight turn makes me happy. The map's turn is not a big turn neither.
So the guy came and looked at the path and took a few pictures, and said they will cover the path the way it looks now, i.e. will use my new path.
Back in the garden, not much new going on... the passion fruit has grown enormously and I made a couple of add-ons to its trellis, so now it is a 3-D trellis.
It is also now creeping up on the strawberry bed...
The fig tree is also getting bigger. I noticed tiny figs on its branches.
Not sure what I am supposed to do with it so I just let it grow
Zoom in to tiny figs
Remember I removed some big bushes to plant an apple sapling? It all went fine and the apple likes its new home. I did fill in with some compost and raw garbage when I planted it, which turned out to be a kind of mistake.
Lots of tomato seeds in the garbage apparently, so the bush area that I cleared, it now bushed over again, this time with lots of tomatoes.
Well, at least it is edible stuff and not totally unwanted. But one can see how out of hand tomatoes can get.
D'oh! my finger got in the way
OK, no finger. The apple tree can hardly be seen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment