Sunday, March 4, 2018

I HATE BAMBOO

We went early in the morning to the jungle plots. Did a bit of cleaning up.
Many trees had fallen across the road next to the plot, and some trees were just hanging there ready to fall on someone's head next time the wind got strong. Cut all of those down and pushed them back into the woods. Also removed lots of old coffee cans and beer cans that people had tossed around there. Hopefully they won't in a forest that has "walls" and is being tended to.
Before picture.
With the path cleared, I started cutting down bamboos along the border line between the poles I had dug in previously. Then using the same bamboos I made several 1,5 meter poles that I hammered into the ground, as posts. And then stuffed the rest of the bamboos between those posts, sort of like a fence. The bamboos were easy enough to cut even with my handsaw but there are many trees and it took some time, and I realized I will need more than a handsaw to be able to finish the whole plot within this century. 2 hours of work resulted in this.
Still a lot to go
It was great therapy though. Working in silent forest was amazing.
Now I have a huge pile of leafs
I want to make this kind of fence on all sides of the plots, and the remaining bamboo shall burn. The surrounding woods are infested with bamboo though so I am not sure how to fend off the damn weed. The plot just next to mine seems to have made it somehow. I guess they come in a couple of times every spring and clean out the new shoots, so the bamboo has no chance of growing there.
I will buy a chainsaw before I go there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment