Thursday, March 15, 2018

Clean shave

Before step 1 which is the shaving of my garden, I fed the chicks and released the tiger...
Meal worm, or a warm meal
Tora finally noticed the grass and is now harvesting it
A couple of hours with scissors and my trusty electric chainsaw, and the garden looked very clean. Suddenly lots of flowers and other things that were hidden under the bamboo grass became visible. What a great feeling!
If you zoom in real real close you may see the difference. Maybe.
And I got rid of all the trees, except for 3. Those 3 probably need to stay there to keep the soil together I thought.
It's so open now, and I can walk on the top row without problem
Of course, the garden is much less tidy suddenly. Guess why...
The 10+ trees have to go somewhere...
So for now I piled the trees where they are least in the way.
I promise mom! Just a couple of days max, then I will clean up
For now I need to focus on the next step, evening out the garden soil and make it flat, and mix in manure and compost, and cover it and let it mature so to say. Then I can start planting stuff finally.
The seedlings are starting to come out. The cutest are the pumpkins.
The tiny buds are eggplant and tomato
Oh, and I learned that the store bought paprika are treated cause their seeds don't seem to germinate.Oh well, I guess I will just buy seeds this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment