Sunday, March 25, 2018

Chicken fun

Weekends I get time to give worms to the chicks. This week I noticed my worms finally have started going into pupa shape.
pupa in center, next to worm
Let's see if they reproduce after a while. In the meantime, the chickens all get super excited when I come with their worms.
aren't they cute?
They gather around me and whenever I throw a worm somewhere all four race to catch and eat it.
Where's the worm???
They also eat from my hand, and if I hold out my finger they come close to examine and see if there is anything edible attached...
I don't look stupid at all.... honestly that's my normal look
I happened to leave a couple of centimeters gap in their run door this weekend while I was emptying their poop board. In a matter of seconds all four had gotten out in the garden and ran under the big blueberry shrub and started scratching and picking at the insects there. I spent half an hour chasing them back into the run. Phew.... made sure to close the door properly even if it is for a second. They have become experts at where opportunities come up when they can break out.
Hey, who are you calling stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment