Sunday, March 25, 2018

Lucky bastard

The garden plan is almost finished. Saturday morning I came out and stood there surveying the garden and planning what to do first. It was a beautiful morning and birds were singing all over. The sun had just gone up and I had my most positive attitude on, and could see very clearly in my head what shape the path would take.
Right then, a big wet thing hit me on the right side of my face, from above and slightly from behind.
I realized I had proven to be very lucky and had gotten hit by a flying bird's poop.
My ear was covered, as well as my neck and hair and chin. Yucketty yuck! I was even so extremely lucky that I didn't get any in my mouth.
Hurried back in, wiped my whole head trying to stay positive, and back out and worked straight till the day was over.
end of the day before the last
The day's time was spent moving more soil, flattening it as much as I could, cutting more bamboos, making paths and covering them with tarp, and playing with the chickens and the cats.
That night I had a kind of dream and decided to change the shape of the path slightly on the left side. The way it was now, it was a big waste of ground, too wide a path which was not used that frequently, plus a huge waste of garden stones to cover that path. So the last day I changed the shape and filled with all the rest of the garden stones. This is what it looked like when I ran out of stones.
The path is slimmer now on the left side
After a quick estimation of how much more stones I needed, I headed for the home center. Bought all their remaining stones, which was about 100 kg less than my estimate. So basically now the store was also out of rocks....
Nothing to do about it but to pour what I had bought in strategic places so the garden at least looks somewhat finished. Did that, fixed the mulch in the beds, planted sunflower, carrots, corn and asparagus seeds and marked their beds, and that was pretty much my day, as the sun started fading.
Pretty nice if I may say so myself
I think the garden has started to look much better than the sad thing I originally got when I bought the house. And there is a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment