Sunday, March 25, 2018

Tidying up

The trees that I cut down and were laying around were posing more and more as problems. They took up so much space, it was so difficult getting around in the garden or do work without bumping into them, and they were generally a nuisance. I had promised myself to clean up as soon as I could after the garden was finished. So I did.
Just when I finished the garden on Sunday, around 4 PM the sun was getting cooler and moving down...
So I grabbed my trusty tiny handsaw and got to work.
Before. most of the trees are gathered around here...
I was going to strip them and put the needles and branches in the "chickens' backyard" i.e. the very very narrow strip next to the chicken run where I have gathered lots of branches to keep cats from going there. It is more of less out of sight, and the tiny life forms that gather there make for a good snack for the chickens whenever they come out.
The chicken backyard
And I cut and cut and cut like crazy for a couple of hours, and made it before the sun had sank. Voila!
After: Just the trunks are left. Hmm, what shall I use them for?
And the chicken backyard has gotten a green makeover. It is not as spiky and scary in the back so if Tora makes it past the first line of thorns, he will be easily able to jump the net. I have seen him walk extremely slowly in the thorns but gave up after a meter or so. I hope the needles dry and fall off soon so that the area goes back to its original scary state.
Doesn't look scary at all. Just soft and cozy. Damit


No comments:

Post a Comment