Sunday, March 18, 2018

On the third day

Sunday was day three of my major plan. I mixed on manure in the top step of the backyard, and covered it with plastic mulch. This will become my pumpkin area.
pumpkin patch with side of cat
Then I covered the whole main area with a second thicker layer of soil, separated of course. Clay bits went to the paths and the softer darker soil went to the beds. My poor back. But I did stretch a lot.
Second layer is done, and still I have a quarter of the pile left. Hmm...
After I was done moving the soil I covered the paths with thick black woven mulch that is used especially for below pavements and such to prevent weeds from growing but lets water through. I know seeds and dirt that blows in eventually will make weeds grow on top of it but I will try to keep it somewhat clean. On top of that mulch I cut blue tarp and secured the whole thing to the ground using spikes.
Looks like an F
I did half the paths and then ran out of spikes. Great! My bike is still broken and walking to home center to buy more spikes takes like forever, so my third day came to an unexpected halt. I can avoid similar running out of things though by buying what I need for Wednesday. I bought spikes, some lumber, a few bicycle parts and paprika seeds. Oh and I also saw a lilac much bigger that the one I have in front of the gate so I bought that too.
Before going to home center I did water and cover the beds with plastic mulch, so now they can brew for a week.
At least now I will have beds to plant things in

By the time I was back with the stuff it was already dark. Checking the weather, looks like Wednesday will be rainy. Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment