Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Rainy day

Before moving to the main topic, I want to announce that the chickens are now at full production. For the first time ever, I got 4 eggs on Tuesday.
now we really have to eat them more often
Wednesday was rainy as expected but I was not going to let all of the day go to waste. I put on my strongest raincoat, and got out there in the mud and the rain. First of all I moved the couple of trees from the strip near the gate and dug a nice home for the lilac sapling I bought. Once I was done with that, I was all wet and muddy from head to toe. I didn't dig with my bare hands of course so I don't know when or how the mud reached my upper body and hat but it did. My gloves were also soaked and completely muddy and cold so I threw them away.
Anyway, the lilac now officially lives in the garden.
obvious where I dug the lilac in... and the tiny spot further away is jasmine
I then used all the remaining woven mulch to make more paths in the garden, and used all the remaining blue tarp on top of it. Coincidentally I ran out of both at the same time. And still had lots of area that needs to be covered. Not only weather gods were against me but also the supplies gods. Oh well, I will make a trip to the home center on Saturday to get the rest of what I need.
Still, I didn't want to just give up and call it a day yet, even if it was pouring down, so I started framing the beds where the paths were already covered. And then I filled the paths with mixed marble. Well at least that was what I was going to do before I ran out of rocks too. Grrr...
Add rocks to the shopping list. No more things left to do, so I came in and started to get dry.
Right now the garden shows different stages of progress at once
Now at least I have a couple of proper beds to work with on the weekend. Weekend weather is going to be milder according to the forecast. As for the garden, I need to buy more tarp, rocks and mulch, and finish all the paths. Not sure what to do with the path-endings yet to keep the rocks from pouring out. The tiny white flowers of the bush next to the compost are so cute that they have won my heart. I will let it stand there but I won't let it expand out. As for the pond placement, I found a better candidate, on the left side of the picture above, left of where the 2 blue tarp strips meet. The ground there is impossibly clay and cannot be good for anything other than maybe putting in a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment