Sunday, March 11, 2018

Wet chickens

We had such heavy rains and wind too last week but none of that deterred the chickens from coming out and play.
Look! We made a pool all by ourselves
Their feathers are no longer puffy and they look like they just came out of shower. They could stay in the cop or even seek shelter under it but for some reason it seems they preferred playing directly under the rain. It wasn't cold so I let them...
The water's good for drinking too I suppose
The other morning I was just going to the run to give them their breakfast when I saw one of them fly up (as they normally do all the time) but instead of hitting the net above (as they normally do all the time) she flew straight through the small hole in the corner (NOT as they normally do all the time) right in front of my eyes and landed outside in the garden.
She looked pretty surprised herself too, and started looking for a way back to the run. I approached and opened the run gate and she ran inside. Nice aiming. But I patched the hole right away, so we won't have runaways again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment