Thursday, March 8, 2018

Planting Planning

I have started the seeds for eggplant, paprika, pumpkin and three types of tomatoes indoors. Will transplant the seedlings out when they are big and the weather is nice. They have already started to sprout. I forgot to buy melon seeds so I will do that this weekend.
As for where they go, I have decided to use the top level in backyard for pumpkins and melons. The south backyard levels are double sunny thanks to the reflection from the big windows. I also think I will put the tomatoes on the second level. And the first level will probably be occupied by flowers and shit.
that's Japanese efficiency for you
Taking a hoe to the soil to prepare and put in compost and mulch, within seconds I unearthed huge bamboo roots. The roots were not long intact ones and it is obvious that they have once been removed/cut out, and then put back in the soft soil and covered with a layer of clean, rootless soil.
Great asshole move by the construction baboons to hide the roots that they had already taken out into the soil, although I several times told them how important it was for me to remove as much roots as possible. Thanks for planting bamboos in my garden you idiots.
Anyway, I was still going to dig pretty deep in each level and replace the worst clay with good soil so no big loss I guess. I will just remove the roots by myself in the process.
We are having some serious tropical rains these days, it is super rainy and very hot for march, so pretty much everything outside is exploding to life. The chickens still come out and play around in the shower, even if it gets them soaked. They have actually managed to dig a small lake in their run by themselves. It has clean water andpretty solid bottom and everything. Flowers I didn't even know we had are coming out fast and the saplings are budding. Yeay!
Tomorrow Saturday the weather forecast says the rain will stop and Sunday will also be sunny, so I will hurry up and prepare the levels. Actually I am hoping to go to the jungle on Sunday and cut down more bamboos and make more fences.
Only if my poor back was not hurting so much... Great timing getting hit by car.

No comments:

Post a Comment