Monday, December 9, 2019

Back to reality

OK, so I am still cleaning the bamboo plot. A couple days' work and the plot is now almost all clear.
Just the stuff in the north left
After I stacked the bamboo neatly and bunched the branches/twigs next to it, I was left with a whole lot of too short or too heavy or half rotten old bamboo that I can neither burn nor stack nor just leave around. It was A LOT. So I just dumped it all over the bamboo lands to the south. No one is maintaining those parts anyway, plus the bamboo on those lands fall over every now and then and I felt like I am returning years' worth of all that back to those plots.
Looking south at the dumpy bamboo lands
Believe it or not, there was barely any difference between before I dumped my bamboo in there and after. It almost looked the same after.
As for the branches and bamboo I have stacked in the north, as mentioned before I have to put them somewhere else for now, so I can access the north bamboo plot to cut down trees.
Looked around and suddenly a genius idea hit me: I'm gonna haul over all the branches and most of the stacked bamboo to my other plot, and line them up not on my land, but on the public strip of land to its north.
This is where I will be dumping my stuff
I had a look just to make sure it was doable, and yep, as the picture shows, there is room in the north of my west plot. I just clean it up a little and start moving shit there.
Zoomed in a bit more. This is the slope.
There's already some garbage dumped there anyway. A couple of rusty small gasoline/oil cans, lots of plastic and foam boxes here and there. So I guess it is an accepted dump site. It is "public land" meaning that it is owned by 200 people so I assume it's all on paper and no one owns it actually... 

No comments:

Post a Comment