Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Cleared the branches

Finally, moved all the branches from north side of my plot and stacked them along the slope of my other plot.
The slope, before
Two birds with one stone. The other plot's north border is more distinguished, and I also cleaned some garbage from my other plot and buried under the new branch wall. At the same time, north border of my bamboo plot is clear and I can access the bamboo logs that are lined along it.
The slope, after
Hauling over all the branches over to the other plot was such a boring job but somehow I finished it within a couple of days.
The bamboo plot, after
At the same time, I started stacking bamboos a little more to the south, inside the plot. My plan is to be able to drive behind the stacks along the north "wall" with a small backhoe/digger. The whole plot is now clear from bamboos and weeds, and I also made the borders nicer. All I need to do now is to move the stacks more towards the middle (already started with that) and after that, cut down all the bamboo in the neighboring plot to the north (as agreed with the owner) and dump them right there.
After that, I shall cut down all the sugi trees (except one) and when that is done, I can start digging out bamboo roots starting in the north, and then plant tree saplings row by row, starting in north.
Nice east border, taken from south east corner
Below is a picture of the whole plot taken from afar. I have taken a couple other pictures from the same spot before so it is easy to compare the progress so far. For example going back almost a year ago the picture from same spot showed a plot overgrown with bamboos.
I hate bamboos

No comments:

Post a Comment