Sunday, December 6, 2020

I meant it all along

Yep, I didn't dig too deep. There was a plan aaall along. Well at least I can always pretend it was the case.

See, I went in to back fill the hole to be a bit shallower, and I was thinking that it was a bit sad because afterwards I will have to keep cutting the wild, deep-rooted weeds in the rows between the trees all the time. Plus where am I now gonna find all the dirt to mound up my tree rows?

Then the big pile of logs and old bamboo pieces nearby caught my eyes. Aha!

How about I fill the hole with old trees and stuff, and put a few centimeters of dirt on top where I can sow some weed of my own choosing? For example oat, wheat or something like that.

Said and done. Ehmm.... I mean said and started. I hauled over a couple of logs and threw in the hole, and it looks like it will work out fine.

Burying the evidence

After hauling a couple of logs and lots of dirt and bamboos and stuff back and forth all this time, I am starting to feel that I need to get me a wheelbarrow. Maybe a little late but there is still a lot of hauling to be done. Also, I need to get a laser level to make sure my rows are not extremely unequal...

Add a bit of bamboo

Believe it or not, that small amount of bamboo took me 3 trips to the pile of logs on the other side. So yes, definitely need a wheelbarrow.

So now the plan is to keep digging all the way to the end, and put in logs and stuff but not cover with dirt yet until I can make sure it is level and I have something to sow. Otherwise just more weed will come out.

Digging on...

I figured if I dig a couple of meters every day when it is nice and sunny, I may have my 2 first rows ready just after the last frost, so that I can plant saplings. Unless of course I break my toe again.


No comments:

Post a Comment