Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Hooray!

I found a home near the lands (Around 7 minutes walk), so we will be moving there next month hopefully. So for a while we will be super busy with contracts and moving and what not, but I will try to keep updating here as much as I can.

The house is 14 years old, so it is neither super new nor ancient. The price was a bit too high, but you have to consider several merits it has especially for me, which made it unique. Apart from the home and the land it is on, which is pretty OK size (160 sqm), it also includes a bigger plot of land (220 sqm) bordering it, which is ideal for making a big vegetable garden. It also has a car port which is pretty roomy. You can fit two normal size cars there. It also has a spacious backyard. It is located quite near the station (9 minutes walk), and it is near my forest plots. With proper fencing, it can become a dream house for the cats too. Living real close to the plots, I can put more focus and time on working the land. Still have lots of ideas but not sure which are best to realize...

Also it is not falling apart old, so we can just move in and start living without doing any major fixes for a long while, if we want to. Thinking about all this, and having seen the alternatives around that area and their prices, actually this house' price was not so unrealistic. Plus I really wanted it, so I figured it is best not to jeopardize losing it by biding too low. (Actually I gave a 65% bid a couple of weeks ago when I was not seriously thinking about buying it, it was before getting the forest plots, so the proximity merit was not there. That bid was turned down almost right away, basically the seller though it was ridiculously low. So this time I bid a bit higher so he would at least consider it...)

My bid this time was 80% of the price, which was initially turned down, and after a bit of back and forth negotiation, we agreed on 82% of the original price, which is quite a good bit cheaper. I might have gotten it cheaper if I took a harder stance, but as mentioned I did not want to lose it just trying to bargain for a bit lower and then regret it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment