Sunday, May 28, 2017

Rehearsal of house contract

Pretty ordinary layout I guess

Last Saturday we had a rehearsal walk-through of the contract. It took 3,5 hours and I was completely finished afterward. But then I thought about how tired the agent who did the constant reading and explaining must be. All I did was just listening and asking some questions. I hope he liked the 14 y.o. single malt Scottish whiskey I bought for him. Plus I hope he gets a hefty part of the agent fee we are paying.

I think it was all pretty straight-forward. However, I still don't know when we will actually get the keys to move in. The agent said that the preliminary date would be decided on the contract day. He also explained the additional fees and costs that occurs at the purchase time. There are your usual taxes, plus the agent fee, plus the registration/ownership transfer tax, plus transfer handling fee. It all amounts to less than 9% of the cost of the house. So I am glad we had managed to negotiate the price down.

He also explained about the common properties. Apart from the two plots of land I am buying, I will also be co-owner of a tiny plot which is used for garbage collection with 7 others, and I will also be sharing ownership of a big plot of land which is used as common connecting road between us and our neighbors. On that road plot, there are also four electric posts which the electric company pays us to have there.

For the purchase and ownership transfer, there are some registration that needs to be done. But in order to get it all right, it seems some tricks are necessary. All four plots of land plus the two forest plots I already bought need to be transferred to me and, to make things simpler,  my new address. However, I have not moved yet and am not registered on the new address. In order to get the new address on my registry papers I have to purchase and transfer its ownership first. It's a chicken and egg problem.To get rid of it, I have to first go to the town hall and lie a bit and tell them that I have already moved to the new place, and get them to put the new address on my name. From past experience they don't ask too many questions, hopefully will not this time neither. After having changed my address, still not having bought the house, I can use my registration paper to get ownership of the new place... 

No comments:

Post a Comment