Thursday, May 11, 2017

Risk

Very interesting situation when it comes to the plot I am buying. It makes me feel I will be playing Risk for some time, at least if I want to have a land that is one piece...
The green plots are mine. The others are registered as farmland and can as of yet not be purchased by me. To buy them, either I have to become a registered farmer or the plots need to change to forest or something else. Even then, I am not sure if they are for sale or not. Probably if I offer the owner a higher price than the norm, they will agree to sell. But at the moment even if I had the money I would be blocked by the land type designation.

The yellow plots actually look like farm fields. They are kept clean by the owners, however there is nothing being planted... The red plot looks much less well-groomed. It is quite overgrown with weeds and lots of different trees. The yellow plot on the west and the red plot are owned by the same person. The east side yellow plot is owned by a guy who lets his sister and her family cut the grass and keep clean.

One of the rules for changing designation of a land from farm to forest is that the land must look like a forest. There should be dozens of trees etc. In that sense, only the red plot is a candidate for me to purchase, which fulfills my need for a one-piece land.

The surrounding brown areas are all thick forest with lots of old trees and green. On south, the forest kind of intrudes the tiny road. There is only 1 way to enter the premises through public road, and that is from east (the road turns into private road further to the west, so entry is not possible without special permission...).
That should not be any problem, except the part painted with cyan consists of a dangerous-looking down-slope with some branches and roots, which is not car friendly at all, and there is no proper place to park near it. Either I have to fix it, together with the owner of the plot immediately to its north (The sister of owner + family), or I have to talk with the owner of the private road to the west and get their permission to drive in.
I have not met the road owner, their house is adjacent to the road though. I have seen the east plot's owner's sister just briefly when we were checking the land the first time, and said hi.
Let's see how things turn out. For the time being I don't even have a car ☺

So, my short time plans are to find and talk to the owner of the red plot about taking over his land. And get permission to use the private road from its owner.
Yesterday I was at the ward office and took out the registry papers of the red and yellow plots. There is a lot of info there and helps me get in touch with the owner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment