Sunday, May 21, 2017

The waiting...

...is the hardest part.
Somehow, almost as if synced, several different important decisions and events are supposed to culminate within this week.
So I am just sitting and pretty much waiting for things to happen.

Anyway, in the meantime, I did a bit more thinking about what to do with the land, and think I will start by using the east plot (which is full of bamboo right now), and let the west plot be for a while, at least until I have gotten the east plot where I want it to be.
first draft...
For the east plot, the first thing I should do is to cut down half or more of the bamboo trees on the south side. I want to keep some bamboo on the north side, both as protection and just in case I need bamboo later on. The rhizomes should be contained so the bamboo doesn't spread south again. (probably I have to dig down plastic root delimiter on its south side)
Using the cut down bamboos, I want to make a fence around the plot on the south, west and east (the black lines), and I would also love to make 1-2 vinyl houses using bamboo as frame. That way I can grow something on the south side, and still keep somewhat protected from animals and weather (and children? I assume people who live around the plot pick free bamboo shoots from the plot, but they hopefully will stop once they see someone is actually using the land). There is no well yet so I want to dedicate a bit of space to water collection.

Just my thoughts while I am waiting...

Oh and I have been thinking about bringing big nut/berry/fruit trees and plant on the west plot, as part of trying to make a permaculture mini-food forest but not sure where to get trees yet. ðŸ‘¦

No comments:

Post a Comment