Thursday, June 29, 2017

Bank account shock

Today I paid the rest of the house, and got the keys. Thanks to the previous land purchase, which served as a rehearsal, the whole deal went much smoother.
A small booth in the bank was reserved by Mr.T. and although I showed up 15 minutes too early they were all already there... The seller, his agent, my agent, me, a couple of bank people, the ownership registration expert and the reform guy. The reform guy was only there to afterward show me samples for the bathroom floor replacement. When it was his turn, after 1 hour of waiting, he told me it was the shortest purchase he has witnessed. Apparently it usually takes 2-3 hours. Maybe it was because everyone involved was too shy to talk a lot, me being foreigner and all, and only kept to the bare minimum necessary.
During the 1 hour, apart from filling in transaction forms and double checking the figures and signing, we also went through some left over documents that had been mended, things like the "boundary document" (which I didn't know about at all) with pictures to each and every boundary post and maps and measurements in color. Also both me and the seller had to stamp a whole lot of forms and documents which the registration guy would use to transfer ownership. For each paper, the responsible man (either agent or registration guy) would give a brief description of what the paper was, and ask to get a stamp.
All receipts and witnessed docs were also stamped and copied and distributed among those present. All of the originals were given to me. I looked at my bank account book and saw the very very tiny figure left after the transaction.  😢
When it was all over, I thanked them all, got the bag of keys from the seller, got a strong handshake and a big congratulations, and it was time to look at the flooring samples, so the seller and his agent and the bank guys and the registration expert left.
Mr.T. took out a bag with a present in it, handed it to me and thanked me for using his services. I didn't expect a gift but he hinted that the whiskey he got was very tasty and that it had been interesting having me as client. Nice.
So, in a couple of days we will be moving in and start living in the new place. A week later our new sofa and kitchen table will arrive, and also the bathroom reparations will start. It is going to be a very busy week. I only took 1 day off of work though, so I have to make sure to use the time efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment