Thursday, June 1, 2017

Moving Companies

In an effort to save money on the moving company, I did the huge mistake to use a price comparison portal page. The portal basically takes your info (where you move from, where to, size of the home, if it is on first floor or not, if there are elevators, which day you plan to move etc.) and relays it to different moving companies who will then contact you with an estimate.
Among the mandatory parts in the form was mail address and phone number, which I did fill in. But as I do not want to get random calls at unexpected times, I also filled in the comments to please contact me via mail. The form actually had a field for "preferred method of contact" in which I also checked the little box for mail.
I guess it goes without saying that all day, starting 5 minutes after I pushed the submit button until midnight that day, I kept getting constant calls. These companies must be pretty desperate.
Of course, I ignored all of them, plus noted the phone numbers and basically used it to filter out which moving companies NOT to use, since they apparently could not follow simple instructions and could not respect the customer's needs.
That actually helped thinning out the long list of candidate companies. From the rest who actually used mail (of course not the ones that mailed only after having failed calling me) , we picked 4 to come and visit this weekend. Let's see which one I choose.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. I actually know 2 moving companies who in fact steal their clients' goods. One is this one: https://www.moving-storage.net/ and the other is https://manwithatruckmoving.com/

    AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

    They are staffed by ex-cons as well so it goes to show....

    ReplyDelete