Sunday, November 5, 2017

All aboard

...now let's make poop
All six chickens are now pretty adjusted to their living area. Sometimes they fight but most of the time they are friends and play. Big momma kind of protects the rest of them. The other day when I was walking with Tora and came near their run, she called out to the others, like a warning, and they all moved to the back of the run. Then big momma came to the front and started making herself big and making loud noises until me and Tora had enough and walked away.
When I am alone and go to their run, the smallest one which is white runs towards me as she always gets the first treats (Because I want her to grow faster) and she is the only one who has let me pick her up in my hands without completely panicking. However, in the last couple of days she has started to behave a bit aggressively, like when I hold out veggies for her to pick at, she ignores the greens and instead focuses on picking my fingers... weirdo.

Oh, and I got around to hang their water from a hook, but it still gets dirty inside. Not at all as bad as before though.
I thought it would be too high but they actually reach inside easily
In other news, I changed the bedding of my meal worm farm yesterday, and at that counting I had 196 live giant worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment