Sunday, November 26, 2017

Fencing progress

Thanks Sun
I was lazier than usual this weekend. Instead of working outside all the time, I worked outside one third of the time, played with the chickens another third, and made some delicious pizza and cookies with the rest of my time.
As a result, Tora did not get to roam free at the end of this weekend neither, but at least he got to go out on a leash as usual.

If you have very good eyes, you can see the result of my work so far in the picture above. I took it early in the morning though so the net kind of faded away in the rising sun. At least one can see the part of the slope in the right half of the picture where I removed the rotten wooden barrier. It was so rotten it fell apart when I barely touched it. Now there is only one wooden fence left in the slope, but I am keeping it as it is because it is still sturdy. Hopefully in near future I will have money enough to make proper levels with cement blocks.

Anyway, back to the netting. I took another picture from a better angle. Here it is:
At least the net is visible
What I did is put two posts to support the net. A rope holds the upper part of the net between the iron fence and the balcony. I've come almost halfway with the net (I need to weave it in with the metal wire so it takes time)
Once I have covered all of this side, I will have to cover a small hole on the left of the shed as well as the strip below the iron fence. For that I already have some metal netting.
After that, I will focus on the entrance of the house/garden. With that fenced in as well, I can let Chubby out without problem because she is not big on jumping. She probably will get scared and run in anyway.
Tora still may be able to jump the low 30 meter netting but that is another story. So far he has not shown any interest in that side of the garden as it is way too bushy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment