Monday, November 27, 2017

Recap

THE MAP returns

So, a little over a month from now, I will have lived in the new place for half a year (Exactly 6 months on New Year) and I was thinking... what have I accomplished during this long time?
And I am not talking about reforming the house but farming wise.
It is not much. Here is a list:
  • lots of mixed salads and greens
  • a few potatoes
  • a few carrots
  • lots of eggs  
  • bunch of flowers
  • 1 barrel of compost in progress
  • random fruit saplings established (maybe, we shall see after winter which ones still live)
  • a lot of blueberries but those shouldn't count as I didn't plant 'em myself
I guess one can blame it on the season, we did move in after summer planting period was done, and that I was too busy fixing up the place, plus the whole garden was lawn and not ready to plant anything on, and also I had my day job everyday. But still 5 months is a long time and it feels like I should have managed more. Things do grow on their own after all. I should try to be more organized in my approach, which has been kind of random so far to see what goes.

I have a new idea for the long and narrow strip of land just behind the gate. It is almost 10 meters long and untouched and I bet it is very fertile. It is the bit marked (4) in the map. I always wanted to grow pumpkins which I love. But pumpkins require lots of space for their runners and I bet this sloped strip would be just perfect. Let's try and see... 
Hey pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment