Monday, September 24, 2018

Just a normal day in the garden

Last weekend I was really dizzy for some reason (Will go to doctor cause I still have trouble with my balance after 2 days) so didn't spend an awful lot of time in the garden. But the seeds I put in are growing...
Daikon in the new bed.
I also spotted tiny tiny onion sprouts, and the green peas are now almost 5 cm over the ground so soon I will put up trellis for them.
Other things are growing. Right now I have the biggest eggplant so far, hanging and getting bigger. The peppers are still going strong too.
Peppers. Everything is green so it is hard to see maybe.
The mini tomatoes are coming out bigger and bigger too. Probably the regular almost daily rains are now having effect cause despite getting bigger in size, less and less are torn open by the growth.
Got to compare the taste with store-bought, wow such a difference!
In the asparagus bed, I spotted a couple of tiny asparagus
Only the first year
The passion fruit has finally decided to produce flowers. There are several buds lined up on the branches, which ants are extremely interested in...
The flower buds. Will they open?
But not everything is growing and showing progress. The cucumber seemed to have done what it can and was more or less dead, so I cleaned it out so it doesn't attract bugs unnecessarily. (The brown bugs from the melons had migrated to the cucumber, plus snails had gathered to feast on the dead leafs as well. All the snails were eaten by the chickens. Good calcium boost I guess.)
Just the trellis left.
Oh, for a few weeks now they have been cutting weed on the other side of the tracks. This weekend I noticed that they are filling in the gaps on the wall with concrete. I wish they did the same on our side. Maybe next year?
It would be so nice if they cleaned their mess on our side too

No comments:

Post a Comment