Monday, September 24, 2018

Small adjustment

OK, so I have postponed the further digging and adjusting the paths cause I am still sick of all the digging. But the other day I spotted that the peanuts are not hitting soil where they should so I thought what the heck. I might as well do this tiny side.
Hmm, wonder if they would grown at all above the sheet...
Said and done. It took only a few minutes.
Before adjustment. The entrance to the garden.
Removed the strip of sheet, and shuffled the soil a bit to make it fluffy. Also dug out a couple of big roots (no bamboo though, hmm), and removed a lot of grass and their roots that had started to grow out despite their leafs having been buried under few cm of soil and sheet.
I noticed a peanut while I was digging around...
The first actual peanut shaped peanut so far
Picked it to see what it looks like
A couple of normal sized nuts. I will wait more to get bigger ones
Anyway, after a bit of digging and shoveling the mini tomato and peanuts bed's one side is now extended as planned. Now only its other side needs expanding.
After adjustment. The pebbles will also stay in place from now on.
So at least the peanuts have some soil to burrow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment