Monday, September 3, 2018

Messy boys and their sissy dad

Rainy days... and the only one day when it was neither rainy nor scorching hot, I had a cold and couldn't do any garden work... So my todo list is still there.
Entertained myself by playing with the kittens, and then fed them their favorite Churu snack, which they went completely crazy over and ate it not only with their mouths but with their entire faces. When they were done they stood like two idiots with lots of Churu stuck in their faces and wondering where the snack smell came from.
I had to wipe their faces. They didn't figure out licking each other.
Then went out for a short minute without hat or gloves or anything just to tie up a passion fruit branch that seemed to be on its way down. When that was done, I saw Jack (the big resident praying mantis on the passion fruit tree) and grabbed a tiny cricket and thought I should give him as a present.
Held the cricket in front of Jack, 5 cm from his face. He noticed it and at the next whiff of wind he launched for it, grabbing my finger too as he did. Ouch!
Jack went on to eat his present. I withdrew my finger, and saw it was bleeding. Praying mantis claws are really sharp.
I lost 3 drops of blood. The cut below it is from when Minion bit me while I gave him Churu.

No comments:

Post a Comment