Monday, September 10, 2018

No more Mr. nice guy

Spent many hours digging away in the north side. Here is the progress. Last year I just cut the weeds in that area but they came back with a vengeance. So this year I won't play nice.
I dug as deep as I could, pulling out meter after meter of roots and rhizomes and stuff. I even found the dead roots of an old tree that must have been there since long ago. The hardest part was to pull out rhizomes from under the saplings I had planted last year, without hurting the roots of the sapling.
North side, after 1 day of digging
One more day..
Probably I can finish it all if I put in one day more
Finally (soon) I can plant some fall and winter veggies there. Oh and while digging, I found a 10 yen coin 30 cm beneath the ground.
The land price just got 10 yen cheaper

No comments:

Post a Comment