Monday, May 14, 2018

Frog development

The rain has now filled the pond to the brim. The pond is not only full with water but also contains lots of life (and death. So many bugs fall in there and can't get out)
As for the frogs, they are developing slowly but surely. I saw a shadow of a thing with not only legs but also arms...
Can you spot it? Near the rim in the center.
The picture I took was a bit unclear though so I looked around to find a better specimen. And lo, I found one. This one was fully changed.
And it found the perfect place to rest near the frog logo.
It was so tiny and so cute. In the following days I spotted more and more of these, but so far only one fully developed frog. And that frog is either hiding very well in one of the hiding places I prepared, or is eaten or trampled on.
This one looks a bit like an alien
Almost a frog
Except for frogs and various larvae (mosquitoes mostly unfortunately), I spotted some water snails.
Wonder how they got there...
And the usual couple of shrimp looking things running around.
shrimp or larvae? Not sure...
And here is one last zoom with various living things in it. My little pond is a miniature ecosystem.
It is hot in the sun but the water is cool

No comments:

Post a Comment