Thursday, May 10, 2018

Mini & Leo

 They do everything together. Eventually Leo might wander off chasing a toy or something but as soon as they get separated Mini starts calling his brother and they get reunited. That is of course if Leo is not too busy harassing Tora and ignores his brother. Sometimes Mini hides somewhere and Leo calls out when he cannot find his brother. Either way, both kittens have such sad and heart breaking call that I can't take it more than a few seconds, and have to rush and get them together.
I have to stop babying them but they are babies.
They even go to toilet together
They are both so cute but for some reason they keep biting each other's faces (I mean really bite down with their tiny razor sharp teeth that easily put holes in my fingers) I know cats got tough skin but right now their faces is 70% wide open eyes, and especially Mini has still slow reflexes, sometimes I catch them with half their brother's face inside their mouth, and the brother being eaten still has its eyes open... Scary.
Oreo. This is what a normal kitten looks like.
Minion. This is what a batman kitten looks like.

After his last escape attempt, Tora started limping with his right leg. I have completely sealed off the escape area now. I thought he would understand to avoid the area with sharp thorns and sticks but apparently not. So now that area is all netted in and no chance of him to get in and hurt himself. The doctor looked at his paws and said there are a coupe of wounds but those are normal and don't cause limping, and should cure soon. Just to be sure she gave Tora an anti-infection shot. For the limping she took X-rays of Tora's legs and said that he has arthritis... God damn it, he is only 11 but I guess it must be his poor diet. He is not given raw food, only special dry food for his age from Royal Canin in lack of better alternatives. I know dry food is pretty much more or less same shit, no matter how many doctors in lab coats they put on the box, but what else am I to give the cats?
Anyway, I was told to start giving supplements to him daily, and if he is in pain (which he seems to be all the time judging from his limping) to give him a painkiller. I should only give pain killer 3 days in a row maximum, so I try to avoid it.
I hate the uncomfortable position they put him in for the X-ray
When taking the X-rays I did not get to go with him so he was suddenly separated from me, in an unknown place and full of stress, and suddenly they bend and put him in all sorts of positions and hold him still. Poor guy must have been terrified. I could hear him call me and scream from the X-ray room but couldn't do anything. After 10 minutes I got angry and asked them what the heck they were doing back there, and if it is so difficult to keep him still I could do it easily. They said he was moving about a lot so the X-rays were getting blurry. Thanks doctor for the torture.
His joints are supposed to be round but they are pointy, hence arthritis
He spends most of his time sleeping in his new comfortable house, I have put his food and water near him so he doesn't have to climb the stairs too much. The kittens are too busy downstairs so they don't bother him much. If they do he hisses and drives them away. For toilet he still has to come down so he gets a little exercise. Of course all this doesn't matter if I let him out into the garden. Limp or not, pain or not, he gets up and walks out and explores the garden. He loves it that much. If he has too much pain, he just sits and checks the surroundings. If not much pain he walks around a lot.
The other day he actually sniffed the kittens without hissing, so I guess he was in a good mood. Plus he spent 15 minutes watching them from above the sofa as they ran around chasing each other on the floor. Good entertainment, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment