Thursday, August 2, 2018

Blue or Red?

The pond is attracting more and more dragonflies. I have "planted" a couple of dead sticks in the pond cause I think dragonflies like to sit on vertical plants....
Yesterday I saw this big blue one sitting on top of one of the sticks. The other day I saw another one while it was laying eggs in the pond. Very interesting dance.
Here is the blue one from yesterday taken with my sony phone.
Sony pictures are huge, like 10 Mb...
Right when I was taking the picture I saw this other beautiful red dragonfly approaching so I hurried in and got my trusty Pentax which has zoom cause I didn't want to scare it away.
Pentax pictures are just as detailed or more but much smaller in size. Like 2 Mb 
Hope they stay and eat all the mosquitoes. Oh, Tora has started a new habit of pooping in our strawberry bed every day. Not good.... So far I just cover it with soil hoping it doesn't attract too many flies. But I heard cat poop is too strong as manure.
Poop picture also taken with Pentax


No comments:

Post a Comment