Friday, March 19, 2021

False start

The shipping of the 2 remaining types of mikan is a bit delayed, so I already started on the 3rd row... Of course this time I made sure to take "before" pictures properly.
Not a before picture.. just really proud of my first 2 rows

Lots of branches and crap in the way that need to be cleared out. And as a first, there is also a tree stump that I need to dig or saw out...
the tree stump is hidden here by the sun rays
 
One more before-picture, from the side

And while I was taking pictures I had to take this "macro" from the local wildlife.
It's a little froggie in my row 2

OK, so after a bit of digging, I had marked the end of row 3 toward Mr. O's land
It's straight and narrow.

So glad the stumps of the trees I fell before are on Mr.O's side so I don't have to dig them out. They do make nice chairs and tables when I need to rest or put my drink and stuff somewhere.
And after a bit more digging, and hauling old logs, the row has officially started. The 19 remaining tatami are under the blue sheet in the background waiting to be used.
It will probably take me the whole year...

Another first with row 3 is that I have not used backhoe to dig out bamboo roots, so the progress will be much slower.
We will be having a couple more heavy rain days, and then the mikan will arrive so I can plant them. After that, it will be digging and digging of 3rd row most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment